Monday, December 8, 2008

A Year Without Jack

Jack Khoo Tian Leng departed at the age of 21 last year on this very day. Jack was to me, one of the kindest, funniest guys you could ever meet. The news shocked me and hurt me terribly because Jack was my best friend outside my family.

It’s that time of the year when many of us reflect on the whole year’s events and make resolutions for the New Year. But it’s that time of the year when I think of Jack the most. As time passed, we grew and we wouldn’t get together as often as we used to. But time was never an obstacle. We would meet every weekend and pick up at the precise point in a conversation we had left off the week before. We discussed and shared everything from jobs, college, romance and hobbies. During the time following Jack’s death, there were many debates between myself and God over why he had to take such a person from my life. I do most certainly believe that death is part of life. Because of Jack, I’m reminded everyday how fragile life is and how important it is to appreciate my loved ones and those around me. It’s funny how when a loved one dies, some days you wake up and start your day as normal and when walking down the street it hits you that the person isn’t here anymore....... jack u will always be remembered,rest in peace JACK.......
Rajiv Loshan

No comments: