Monday, December 1, 2008

Life is not a Matter of Milestones but of Moments

After 365 days, the pain of losing someone dear feels strangely raw. As quoted by Rose Kennedy, “It has been said, ‘time heals all wounds’. I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone.”

I started drafting this post a month ago, but time and time again, I can never find the right words. I guess, all that needed to be said had already been said.

So, here’s a tribute to you, my brother.

A project that transpired from his passing, Décorateur is officially launched on 3rd December 2008. With a tagline, “Creativity is My Lifestyle”, the weekly-updated blogazine is the first of its kind in Asia with the objective to inspire beautiful living and encourage the celebration of life events (I believe it is the first of such objective in Asia after doing my research, correct me if I'm wrong). In short, it's really all about living out your life to the fullest and the celebration of moments.

It started as a tiny idea to create a personal 'beautiful living' blog. However, after putting in much thoughts and sleepless nights of brainstorming, one idea led to another and eventually, that little idea turned into a BLOGAZINE!!!! It is not meant to be a large entertainment site funded by huge investors or large corporations but in plain words, a labour of love. It'll contain a combination of both blog-style writing and informative article-style write ups from me and other wonderful contributors and bloggers.

Thank you for 'colouring' & touching our lives in more ways that you could have ever known.

Rest in peace.

“If I had my life to live over, I’d dare to make more mistakes next time. I’d relax; I’d limber up. I would be sillier than I have been this trip. I would take fewer things seriously. I would take more chances. I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers. I would eat more ice cream and less beans. I would perhaps have more actual troubles, but I’d have fewer imaginary ones. You see, I’m one of those people who lived sensibly and sanely hour after hour, day after day. Oh, I had my moments, and if I had to do it over again, I’d have more of them. In fact, I’d try to have nothing else. Just moments, one after the other, instead of living so many years ahead of each day. I’ve been one of those persons who never goes anywhere without a thermometer, a hot water bottle, a raincoat, and a parachute. If I had it to do over again, I would travel lighter than I have. If I had my life to live over again, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would go to more dance; I would ride more merry-go-rounds. I would pick more daisies.” - Nadine Stair -

"Let us so live that when we die even the undertaker will be sorry." - Mark Twain -


No comments: