Sunday, December 23, 2007

Memories

It's exactly three weeks last night when you had your fall and I remembered the wee hours morning call that I got from 'Uncle Rashid' the guy in charge of accommodations. He called me at 3.00 am and said"Puan, Khoo jatuh dari tingkat tiga" I was shocked to get that call and I asked him"Khoo tian Lengkah?" "Ya Puan, minta maaf menggangu puan" was what he said. My husband who had just come up to sleep after watching t.v asked me what was it and I told him that tian leng had fallen he quickly called my daughter Charmaine who was tian leng's batch in school and his senior in college and told her about it.Our first thought that he and his room-mates were fooling around in his room and somehow or other had fallen from the window. I called Rashid again and asked him how bad he said,"Puan doalah, teruk sangat. From that moment I could not sleep and I know both my children too were effected by the news. I prayed asking the Lord to save him. At 7am my son gets a message that he is really bad. I waited till 8.00am when I called on my prayer group to pray for him. I spent the whole day praying begging God to work a miracle. On Sunday when I was in church I got another message that he was bad I broke down and asked the Lord why. Still I did not give up hope thinking that the Lord will answer our prayers as there were so many people praying for him. I even emailed my cousin in the US to pray for him and on the net Parents who pray pleading for all to pray for him.When my children and I went to the hospital to see him and I spoke to him telling him that many of us were there waiting for him and I was hoping that by speaking to him he would fight and come out of it but God had a better plan for him.

Tian Leng had something about him that when anyone who came in contact with him will sort of get hooked on him.There was something infectious about him. I only knew of him through my daughter who use to talk about him from school and he had this bad habit of passing my house on Saturday nights in his parent's jeep and shouting out my daughter's name. He had been to our home for christmas but he was shy. When I went to college to lecture at the begining of this year he was sitting for his 3rd semester exam and was going out for his industrial training. I only had two classes with him before his death. I still remember his first class, after his class he asked me what Charmaine was doing and where was she going to do her degree? I told him Australia and he asked me about the cost.

I remember the Monday morning when Shaun came pass my office at 9.45 as I was getting ready to go to tian leng's for my lecture and he just said Gone. I broke down and also had to be the bearer of the bad news to all his friends.

Till today I'm finding it difficult to accpet his death I find it difficult to go to his class and believe it or not my children and I just don't feel like celebrating Christmas as it will remind us of tian leng. He had told Charmaine a few days before he fell that he will be coming for Christmas to our house.

Well tian leng we won't have the pleasure of having u with us but u will always be in our hearts.

Ms Maureen

No comments: